There comes a time in the life of every podcaster when she has to admit that one podcast is not enough. A separate channel would be nice, right? There are basically two ways to achieve podcast networks using Podlove Publisher, both have their advantages.
If you are looking for totally separate podcast channels with their own sites, read Option 1: WordPress Network. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a lightweight way of separating feeds in a single site, read Option 2: Category based Feeds.
Option 1: WordPress Network
- manage multiple podcasts in a WordPress Network
- custom themes, domains etc. for each podcast
- Follow the instructions on WordPress: Create A Network to turn your WordPress setup into a network.
- Network Activate the Podlove Publisher at
/wp-admin/network/plugins.phpif you want to host a podcast on every site in the network. Otherwise, activate the Podlove Publisher separately for each site.
Optional: Assign custom domains to network sites using the Domain Mapping Plugin.
Option 2: Category based Feeds
- does not require a WordPress Network
- separate feeds by category but keep one big feed containing everything
- Activate the Categories Publisher module. Go to
Publisher -> Modulesand find the Metadata section.
- Assign categories to your episodes using the episode forms.
- Announce the category feeds on your website. For example: You have the feed
example.com/feed/mp3and created the categories “weather” and “plants”. Then the feeds
example.com/category/plants/feed/mp3are available now.
Good to know: There are also feeds for arbitrary search terms.
example.com/search/fnord/feed/mp3 is a dynamic feed for episodes mentioning “Fnord”.